Thursday, June 3, 2010

Basic White Bread (Bread Maker)

This is a bread recipe I have been using for years. I did do a little tweaking to the recipe to fit my own taste, so I'll show the recipe how I first found it, and then I'll show it with the changes I've made.


1 1/4 cup milk
3 cups white flour
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast


Put ingredients into bread maker in order listed. Press start!

*My bread maker has a setting for a 1lbs loaf and a 1 1/2lbs loaf. If yours is the same, you want to set it for a 1 1/2lbs loaf.

I have always like the way my bread turns out when it's baked on the rapid setting.


Now for the recipe with the few changes I made:

1 1/3 cup milk
3 cups white flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp white sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast

Put ingredients into bread maker in order listed. Press start!

No comments:

Post a Comment